POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : OS X 10.2 : Re: OS X 10.2 Server Time
19 May 2024 17:51:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS X 10.2
From: Scott Gammans
Date: 20 Nov 2003 08:00:02
Message: <web.3fbcb9d6c8c449e1cbec1f9c0@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>It is a Mac-only beta, so posting in this group would be most appropriate.
>The posts should definitely not go to p.bugreports because that is for final
>versions only.  I expect we will open the beta testing groups again once
>betas for all platforms exist (I can't tell you when/if this will happen),
>and when this happens, those groups would be the most appropriate place for
>all beta bug reports.  So, in the meantime, post here.
>
>    Thorsten

Understood; thanks.

I have two possible bugs I would like to report for independent
confirmation, in descending order of seriousness:

(1) The "Fast Functions" G5 rendering engine problem that I described in
detail elsewhere in this thread. To summarize, if you select the "Fast
Functions" performance option when the G5-specific rendering engine is
selected, any attempt to render the benchmark results in the following
error during scene parsing:

Parse Error: Internal error - code size difference for 15 03c4!
File benchmark.pov line 615

(2) Occasionally when you start POV-Ray, a dialog box pops up stating that
"this beta version of POV-Ray has expired". Oddly enough, nothing prevents
you from continuing to work inside POV-Ray. This usually occurs only once
when you start POV-Ray after booting up OS X, but on at least one or two
occasions I noticed the expiration dialog after restarting POV-Ray a couple
of times.

thanks.